Lords of Epic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The discussion forum for the Lords of Epic

HomeRegisterLatest imagesHeroes And Minions(WIP) EmptyLog inMediaDownloads

Heroes And Minions(WIP)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Orphnoch
Warrior of Epic
Orphnoch

Character sheet
Level :
Heroes And Minions(WIP) Left_bar_bleue1/1Heroes And Minions(WIP) Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Heroes And Minions(WIP) Empty
PostSubject: Heroes And Minions(WIP)   Heroes And Minions(WIP) EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:38 pm

TABLE OF STUFF THAT DOESN'T MATTER
0. INTRODUCTION

1. BASE MECHANICS

2. HEROES

3. ITEMS

4. OBJECTIVES

5. CREATION RULES

6. EXAMPLE GAMEPLAY

Changelog:

INTRODUCTION

This is a system that I have been working on for a while. I am using this forum page as a database, as it is easy to update and get critques on anything that I change. The main goal for this system is to create a fun experience that can be easily joined, easily followed, and to where it is intrinsically fun with support for players coming and going. Another goal is to have the players be able to make their own heroes that they are able to battle evil with and be able to battle each other with in a fair and balanced environment. The end goal however is to make something that everyone enjoys and can be played often.

You may voice any questions, comments, or concerns with me through this thread, over teamspeak, in person, or through any other means that you wish to use to contact me.

Last edited by Dokuto on Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Orphnoch
Warrior of Epic
Orphnoch

Character sheet
Level :
Heroes And Minions(WIP) Left_bar_bleue1/1Heroes And Minions(WIP) Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: Heroes And Minions(WIP)   Heroes And Minions(WIP) EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:39 pm

TO TOP

Stats:
BASE MECHANICS

The game functions using a simple tile based system. Diagonal movement counts as two tiles at all times, and thus makes possible movement look like a diamond. Every character starts with 3 move speed, which can be augmented through various means. Move speed has a direct 1 to 1 ratio with number of tiles the character can move in one turn.

Turns are broken up into two action phases. In each action phase, a player may do only one of the following.
-Move 1/2 their movespeed(rounded down)
-Attack a target in range
-Cast a spell

A player may spend both of their actions to move their full move speed that round.

One item may be used per turn, but this is considered a free action. A second and third item may be used if the played sacrifices an action after that point.

Abilities are based off of a four type system.

Instant - The spell happens as soon as you say you want it to. These can't be targeted, and are usually buffs or other spells that have instant effects.

Targeted - Targeted can affect any valid target in their range, but work 100% of the time unless they are interfered with by a special effect.

AOE - These spells do their designated effect at the end of every turn that a valid target stands inside the aoe. These types always have a range telling how many tiles they extend outwards.

Skill shot - these spells have a designated tile, and then roll to hit on every thing between the source and the destination up to the maximum range. To hit is always to roll a ten or higher with no modifiers. If a skill shot only affects one target, the effect stops at the first hit regardless of it was the designated target or not.

Gold is awarded in an aura of champion and minion kills.

All characters start with all of their skills except their ultimate.

Damage dealt is a simple math of:
How much damage your attack/spell does - how much armor/mr the target has. This is based off of the damage type of the spell. True damage is unaffaected by any resistances, except Magic Immunity.

DEATH AND KILLING

Death can be broken into three types of deaths:

Minion Death- Whenever a creature marked as a minion dies, every enemy player receives its bounty within a 4 tile aoe. Minions can be denied at 25% health to cause it to not distribute gold.

Structure death- Whenever a structure is killed, its bounty is distributed globally to the enemy team. A structure can be denied at 1/8th health, which causes it to only give 1/4 of the gold to the enemy team.

Hero death- When a hero dies, any enemy within a 4 tile aoe, has done an effect onto the hero that hit, or has done a positive affect onto an enemy within the 4 tile aoe receives the hero's bounty gold. Hero's can be denied only when they are below 1/4th health and have a DoT on them. When a hero is denied, no gold is distributed to the enemy, but the hero loses half of their bounty gold. Being denied does not reset your bounty.

Last edited by Dokuto on Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:14 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Orphnoch
Warrior of Epic
Orphnoch

Character sheet
Level :

PostSubject: Re: Heroes And Minions(WIP)   Heroes And Minions(WIP) EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:40 pm

TO TOP

HEROES

Spoiler:

Heroes And Minions(WIP) Ifvkns
Morgana
HP - 400
MP - 240
AD - 51
Armor- 15
Magic Resist- 30

P:Soul Siphon - spell vamp 25%
Q:Dark Binding - skillshot snare 7 tiles 1 turn snare 2turn cd 60 mana 80 damage
W:Tormented Soil - aoe damage+debuff 2 tile aoe 5 tile range 2 turn cd 70 mana 25 damage
E:Black Shield - target cc stopping shield 3 tile range 1 turn duration 3 turn cd 95 shield health
R:Soul Shackles - instant leash, delayed damage and stun 4 tiles leash 2 turns till 2 turn stun 20 turn cd 100 mana 175 damage

Passives:
SOUL SIPHON

Actives:
DARK BINDING

TORMENTED SOIL

BLACK SHIELD

SOUL SHACKLES

Heroes And Minions(WIP) Vqnmlj
Mordekaiser
HP - 400
MP - 600(shield)
AD - 50
Armor- 15
Magic Resist- 30

Passives:
IRON MAN - 1/2 spell damage becomes shield. 600 Max.

Actives:
ACE OF SPADES - [ON HIT][COOLDON: 1][COST = 25HP][DAMAGE: 80] Splashes to 3 targets. 120 damage if no extra targets.

CREEPING DEATH - [TARGET][HERO][RANGE: 3][COOLDOWN: 2][COST = 25HP][DAMAGE: 24][DURATION][AOE] Armor & mr + 10

SIPHON OF DESTRUCTION - [AOE(cone)][COOLDOWN][COSTHP][DAMAGE]

CHILDREN OF THE GRAVE
- [TARGET][HERO][RANGE: 4][COOLDOWN] 10% max hp damage. 4 turn debuff. Lose 10% more at end. Clone at death.

Heroes And Minions(WIP) 2r27qts
Blitzcrank
HP -
MP -
AD -
Armor-
Magic Resist-

Passives:
MANA BARRIER

STATIC FIELD

Actives:

ROCKET GRAB

OVERDRIVE

POWER FIST

STATIC FIELD

Heroes And Minions(WIP) V5iz2r
Weaver
HP -
MP -
AD -
Armor-
Magic Resist-

Passives:
GEMINATE ATTACK

Actives:
THE SWARM

SHUKUCHI

TIME LAPSE

Heroes And Minions(WIP) 34rx021
Lina
HP -
MP -
AD -
Armor-
Magic Resist-

Passives:
FIERY SOUL

Actives:
DRAGON SLAVE

LIGHT STRIKE ARRAY

LAGUNA BLADE

Heroes And Minions(WIP) Ao1g5i
Eldar Farseer
HP - 400
MP - 300
AD - 60
Armor- 18
Magic Resist- 30

Passives:

Actives:
FLEET OF FOOT - [INSTANT][BUFF][DURATION = 5][COOLDOWN = 6][COST = 20]
Increase move by 2, decrease damage dealt by 3.

WARD - [TARGET = ALLY HERO][BUFF][DURATION = 4][COOLDOWN = 10][COST = 80]
Target is immune to physical damage

DOOM
- [TARGET = ENEMY HERO][BUFF][DURATION = 3][COOLDOWN = 5][COST = 80]
Target takes 25% more damage

ELDRITCH STORM - [ULTIMATE][AOE = 4][CHANNEL][PREP = 1][DURATION = 3][COOLDOWN = 20][COST = 120]
Targets take 150 damage

Last edited by Dokuto on Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:57 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Orphnoch
Warrior of Epic
Orphnoch

Character sheet
Level :

PostSubject: Re: Heroes And Minions(WIP)   Heroes And Minions(WIP) EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:40 pm

TO TOP

ITEMS

Spoiler:

Last edited by Dokuto on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Orphnoch
Warrior of Epic
Orphnoch

Character sheet
Level :

PostSubject: Re: Heroes And Minions(WIP)   Heroes And Minions(WIP) EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:41 pm

TO TOP

OBJECTIVES

PVP-

PVE-

Last edited by Dokuto on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Orphnoch
Warrior of Epic
Orphnoch

Character sheet
Level :

PostSubject: Re: Heroes And Minions(WIP)   Heroes And Minions(WIP) EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:42 pm

TO TOP

CREATION RULES

Spoiler:

Last edited by Dokuto on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Orphnoch
Warrior of Epic
Orphnoch

Character sheet
Level :

PostSubject: Re: Heroes And Minions(WIP)   Heroes And Minions(WIP) EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:43 pm

TO TOP

EXAMPLE GAMEPLAY

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
determinator
Legionnaire of Epic
determinator

Character sheet
Level :
Heroes And Minions(WIP) Left_bar_bleue150/150Heroes And Minions(WIP) Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: Heroes And Minions(WIP)   Heroes And Minions(WIP) EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 7:37 pm

So how do we add characters and junk?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Orphnoch
Warrior of Epic
Orphnoch

Character sheet
Level :

PostSubject: Re: Heroes And Minions(WIP)   Heroes And Minions(WIP) EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 12:15 pm

Part of the reason this thread exists is for people to ask me questions when they can't get into direct contact with me.

For the most part now, I am still trying to work out the stats and functionality, so their isn't an exact science that I can write down yet for converting characters. Its a lot of "what feels right" at this point until I can get some extensive testing done.

The current plan is to take characters that I have converted and try them out through many mock situations. I note anything that I do not like about them, and mark them for revision later. Once I revise them I start converting more characters into the system to test the general conversion process some more. I plan to do this every weekend. This weekend however has a special hero that is going to get added.

At this point you are free to suggest heroes of other games similar to this, and I will put them on the list I draw from whenever I go to convert characters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heroes And Minions(WIP)   Heroes And Minions(WIP) Empty

Back to top Go down

Heroes And Minions(WIP)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lords of Epic :: Media :: Literature-
Jump to: