Lords of Epic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The discussion forum for the Lords of Epic

HomeRegisterLatest imagesRusty Spurs ( Story ) EmptyLog inMediaDownloads

Rusty Spurs ( Story )

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Siegal
Scribe of Epic
Mr. Siegal

Rusty Spurs ( Story ) Empty
PostSubject: Rusty Spurs ( Story )   Rusty Spurs ( Story ) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 3:41 pm

Harry Prime sat on a train destined for a small desert town by the name of San Macho. His moustache shined immaculately. The rumblings of the railroad did little to displace his hat, and less still to discourage him from wearing it. He held in his hands a penny dreadful, detailing the adventures of "fearless Buffalo Bill". Having read it twice during the criss-crossing journey, even the cover's lurid appeal had been lost to familiarity.

He had grown restless and uncomfortable. This ride was the shortest, but the anticipation had made it seem endless. He gave a sigh and reminesced about the second line he had been on. Ah, what a trip! One could sleep on a bed, instead of their seat.

He looked over the shoulder of the woman seated to his left. She clutched a newspaper. "COAL STRIKE MOVES INTO SECOND WEEK," it exclaimed.

Harry Prime spat onto the back of the seat in front of him.

"Labor unions," he shouted, hoping to get the attention of those around him, "are a blight on this nation's prosperity!" A few glanced in his direction. He attempted to stand, but the shaking forced him back into his seat. "Our nations workers, they are attempting to UNDERMINE our capitalist-"

A man a few rows behing Harry Prime tried to shush him. Prime did not acknowledge this.
"-and replace DEMOCRACY with-"

A porter told Harry Prime to quiet down. Prime shot the man an enraged glance.

"-lies they feed us are DAMNABLE. I am good friends with Mr. Goodchild, and I assure you no captain of industry-"

The train lurched to a halt. Passangers began to exit the doors. Prime walked towards the door, shouting all the way. He interrupted his sermon as soon as he exited the car.

"Why, this sure is different than the city I come from," he said, not giving the town so much as a look. "'Round here, a man can BREATHE!"

With this, he threw his arms into the air. he stared at his hands, mouth agape, as though he did not recognize them. He held this posture for a full thirty seconds, before he was sure he had the attention of several passerby.

"FRIENDS," he began. "Is anyone interested in an OPPURTUNITY?"

The few gathered around him politely ambled away. Harry Prime stared intently at the train station.

He produced from his pocket a few fliers. Nailing them to a wall, he nearly shook with anticipation at the task before him. The fliers asked for "adventurers and patriotic Americans" to seek out Harry Prime at the "local saloon". Little did Prime know, the town of San Macho had little more than a prison and a drugstore.
Back to top Go down
determinator
Legionnaire of Epic
determinator

Character sheet
Level :
Rusty Spurs ( Story ) Left_bar_bleue150/150Rusty Spurs ( Story ) Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

Rusty Spurs ( Story ) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rusty Spurs ( Story )   Rusty Spurs ( Story ) EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 1:41 am

Sanders was deep in the mines when he heard the 3:00 o'clock train pulling into the station. He gave one last mighty swing of his pick-axe and then headed toward the entrance of the mine. It was time for a well deserved lunch break. He grabbed his bundle and began walking toward town. The town didn't consist of much, just some shops...and well that was actually about it. Either way it was home to Sanders and he enjoyed every moment there.

He walked into the The Fish's Barrel and took a seat at the bar. The Fish's Barrel was an interesting place. It had more animal hides hanging on the walls then it had beverages. It was more of a trophy room then a saloon. Fortunately, the bartender, Jim Jennings, always seemed to have enough drinks for everyone.

Sanders took his normal seat and began talking to Jim. "How's it going, Jim?"
"I don't know, I'm pretty anxious," Jim handed Eli the usual.
" 'Bout what?" Eli then took a swig of his beer.
"Didn't you hear? The posters are everywhere!"
"What in Sam's Hill are you talking about, Jim?"
"A new guy from the city came to San Macho roundin' up a gang for some type of expedition. Says he's lookin' for some guys to help him do things."
"Well what sorta things?"
"I don't know, but the meetin' place is here at around high noon"
Eli put down his beer and started scavenging through his bundle. He pulled out a gold nugget and gave it to Jim. Jim's eyes widen.
"This is payment for the drinks of those fellers who go on this mans trip."
Jim was speechless "But Eli, this is enough to pay for all the men who ever come in this buildin' ever."
"You can keep the rest for yourself. Get some more drinks or somethin'."
"How am I ever gonna repay you, though?"
"Oh, don't worry about me. I'll manage." Eli looks down at his bundle of gold nuggets and chuckles. He takes another sip of his beer and heads out.

He walks past a wall with one of the posters on it. He rips it off and begins thinking to himself. 'Hmmmmmmm, I suppose nothin' ventured, nothin' gained.'
Back to top Go down

Rusty Spurs ( Story )
Page 1 of 1