Lords of Epic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The discussion forum for the Lords of Epic

HomeRegisterLatest imagesPlot EmptyLog inMediaDownloads

Plot

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
debtmaster
Technosquid
debtmaster

Character sheet
Level :
Plot Left_bar_bleue2/10Plot Empty_bar_bleue  (2/10)

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Plot   Plot EmptyWed Oct 31, 2007 7:10 am

Place for you to ask questions, interact with other people, and initiate combat. This is where the throbbing mass that is my story lies.

So far, you've been captured by mystery dead person #1. You can read the background here.

Linkeh to YouTube.

Last edited by on Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:00 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
debtmaster
Technosquid
debtmaster

Character sheet
Level :

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyThu Nov 01, 2007 3:51 pm

Well, since blood-dragon (says he) will be getting on once he finishes moving in several days, you can start conversation with this person, with the plot stalling until the bd arrives.
Back to top Go down
Ethanthecrazy
The Lord of Epic
Ethanthecrazy

Character sheet
Level :
Plot Left_bar_bleue4/10Plot Empty_bar_bleue  (4/10)

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyThu Nov 01, 2007 11:04 pm

with who?
This person?
Back to top Go down
http://www.lordsofepic.webs.com
debtmaster
Technosquid
debtmaster

Character sheet
Level :

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyFri Nov 02, 2007 6:47 am

Well, you haven't got much else to do, might as well try to initiate conversation with your captor. :p
Guess you're still in awe, then...

Last edited by on Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_entropic_engineer
Dwelf
The_entropic_engineer

Character sheet
Level :

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyTue Nov 06, 2007 4:57 pm

Ya, what is my name mister captor.By the way, what is yours?
[Nick this is for you, I WILL KILL YOU FOR ATTACKING ME, AND YOU WILL DIE.
Added brackets. ~debt]
Back to top Go down
debtmaster
Technosquid
debtmaster

Character sheet
Level :

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyTue Nov 06, 2007 6:09 pm

[From now on, let's keep non-RP to brackets. And I only got, like, 5k res. You'de be insane to attack my planet. Stop spamming Espionage probes at me :p
Hey, did you get TGD on me?]

The figure looks at you quizzically. "Your name is something best known by yourself. What is your name?

"As for my name, you will know in time. I have foreseen it. For now, it would be best to wait for your companions to wake." she waves her hand at several heaps lying in a corner.

"Despite your current state of lethargy and your friends' of unconsciousness, I detect much untapped power at you. This prophecy will be my greatest, indeed.

"While we wait, perhaps we could begin your initiation presently. I sense in you the power to become a great psion, as myself, and that leaves you now with one of the most important decisions of your life: what shall you study?

"'Psionic' is a vague term, referring to a multitude of different abilities. Would you be an egoist, with the ability to heal and make yourself impervious to enemy attacks? It is a slow path, but with much reward at the end.

"Or perhaps you would like to be a kineticist, having the famed ability to move objects with only your mind? This way lacks defense in earlier stages, but the sudden demise of your enemies often negates such a requirement.

"Or you could be trained in psychoportation: the ability to influence speed and location. At first, it is merely a utility, but can be used offensively after you learn how to do so without insulting yourself.

"There is also the underrated art of telepathy. With practice, you can befriend others, use your powers to coordinate attacks and defenses, or mutilate the morale of your enemies. You may not receive much recognition, but you can have profound effects in battle.

"There is also the more abstract art of shaping. One such trained can create allies or objects from the astral plane to serve him or her. As your power increases, so does that of the creatures you create and the more material you can create.

"And then... there is the art of clairstenance. Future-telling. The ability to see scraps... shreds... tapestries... that make the future of yourself or others. Of course, until you become highly trained, it is merely manipulating fate and sensing things of the future and past to aid yourself or harm others. I must admit this was the study that drew me in before I expanded my horizons. Look at me now..." She skeleton's voice has a wistful tone, but soon becomes measured as was previously.

"So, what will be your area of study? Of the body, physical manipulation, locational manipulation, mental arts, astral learnings, or the elusive future? All you need to do is choose, and I will show you." A smile breaks the jaw in front of you from its skull. "I am a skilled telepath myself."

Zenair feels a shiver run down his spine.

Last edited by on Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
debtmaster
Technosquid
debtmaster

Character sheet
Level :

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyWed Nov 07, 2007 7:15 am

[Ethan and Bubba: you're not here yet. You nixed Bubbe in lunch, and I nix you as such.
However, you can interact indirectly: message me any questions you have for this person, and 'll work them into a monologue.

TLD, you'll get starter powers for choosing your class. As a level 1 psion, you have 2 power points per day, which are replenished during the day with one full round (6 seconds) of rest. At the end of the day, you need 8 hours of uninterrupted rest (preferably sleep) to use your daily limit the next day.
A list of powers based on discipline chosen are below.

Psychometabolism
Thicken Skin (temporary +1 AC boost)

Psychokinesis
Control Object (move small object around)

Psychoportation
Burst (move faster)
Detect teleportation (know when something in your vicinity teleports)

Clairsentience
Destiny Dissonance (use your abilities to "overload" the mind of an enemy)
Precognition (use your abilities to glimpse fragments of the future. With that, you can add a +2 modifier to any roll you choose in the next 10 minutes.)

Metacreativity
Astral Construct (create a creature to fight for you)
Minor Psionic Creation (create cloth or wood objects)

Telepathy
Psionic Charm (make somebody like you)
Mindlink (form a temporary telepathic bond with ally or foe (with Fortitude save))]
Back to top Go down
debtmaster
Technosquid
debtmaster

Character sheet
Level :

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyWed Nov 07, 2007 4:40 pm

[Yes, it's Spanish. I just wanted to type it out. Besides, nobody else here speaks it, so... :p]

Zenair tells his benefactor his choice.

"Good. It would be unwise to try any other path than the one I have for you at this point. Such an amazing finale for a seer...

"I will now give you some basic skills to set you off upon the path of a psychokinesist."

You feel a force at the edge of your mind.

As the foreign mind merges with yours, you feel glints of knowledge being dropped into your mind, and a feeling as though you are awake for the first time.

[You gain the Control Object power. By using objects (up to 100 pounds) to attack people, you can deal 1d6 + (Int) damage.
You gain the Thicken Skin power. This power gives you +1 AC for 10 minutes per caster level.
You gain the Astral Construct power. Allows you to create a construct out of ectoplasm from the Astral Plane, which you can customize to a degree.]

Your Teacher calls out into another room: "Vesitoth, Aaron! Llegen aquí!" It turns to you. "I will not, of course, leave you to undertake the task I have planned by yourself. I will leave you two of my... newer creations to aid you. Do not misunderstand: they are not your servants; they have a knowledge in their own way. They can be commanded using a language I invented and will die with me. For now, though, they are commanded to stay with you."

Two undead walk into the room, and you notice these have considerably more flesh on them than the skeletons: they look like normal people, albeit rather grey. "I've also gone through the effort to keep them presentable - the skin on their bones - via a permanancy spell. Your arrival was not unplanned." Another turn to the zombies. "Doy ustedes a estas personas, pero ustedes no pertenecen a ellos: seguirán ellos. Avancen con ellos hasta sus vidas terminará.

"Nothing like a pep talk. I'll send you on your way once your friend here wakes up..."
Back to top Go down
The_entropic_engineer
Dwelf
The_entropic_engineer

Character sheet
Level :

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyTue Nov 13, 2007 6:47 pm

"Ok, well , could you tell us what you plan for us to do exactly. Also, could you supply us with some food and water, and maybe some weapons because This will not be an easy journey I presume, and we do need to eat, we are not undead you know. But, to not take this the wrong way, I thank you greatly for what you have done for us, and if you can't help us any more, I understand." Says Zenair in a quizical voice.

[ I put this in a story kind of perspective, for I was thinking maybe after each of us does our campaign we could make a small book of short stories and submit it to something. Also it adds the aspect that after we are done doing the campaign we could go back and read about our stupid mistakes, and it will be more like a story based in real-life but in an alternate Deminsion (Like The Golden Compass). I think we should start a poll descerning if this is a good idea. Thanks, message me with what you think if Ethan doesn't start a poll, and Ethan, I don't know how so don't tell me to do it. Thanks.]
Back to top Go down
debtmaster
Technosquid
debtmaster

Character sheet
Level :

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyTue Nov 13, 2007 8:17 pm

[It seems like a good idea... once stuff starts happening :p You could make a poll whenever... it's an option when you start a thread. I'm not quite sure what you meant, though; you may want to phrase it yourself.]

"My plans for you will unfold as your travels do. For now... all you must do is aid the Black Hearth. The armory is down that hallway..." You get a hand waved half-heartedly towards a hall with a door on each side. Beyond those, the roof has fallen, blocking the passage.

"I'm sorry for my absentmindedness. I'm so... excited. I did not know you would return so soon. The Hearth will be able to supply you adequately once you reach them."
Back to top Go down
Ethanthecrazy
The Lord of Epic
Ethanthecrazy

Character sheet
Level :

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyWed Nov 14, 2007 8:45 pm

{ok, um when do i come in, i know im in a corner, but since I am undead I can not be knocked out, due to the fact that i have no brains to rattle . . .

whatever, i just want to start playing, and yes, john, you can make a poll, just do what nick says}
Back to top Go down
debtmaster
Technosquid
debtmaster

Character sheet
Level :

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyWed Nov 14, 2007 8:53 pm

[If you've been paying attention, you've already come in: your character's name is Vesitoth.

Of course, since it would be out of character for you to ask certain question to the person you've been living with, anything you want to know for the time being should be messaged to me.]
Back to top Go down
Ethanthecrazy
The Lord of Epic
Ethanthecrazy

Character sheet
Level :

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyWed Nov 14, 2007 9:37 pm

So, where are we bound, fledgling psyconaught?

{there is a poll area . . . .}
Back to top Go down
debtmaster
Technosquid
debtmaster

Character sheet
Level :

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 4:05 pm

Vesitoth turns to Zenair. "So, where are we bound, fledgeling psychonaut?"

Zenair, looking down the hallway, replies, "To the armory."

He opens the door on the right, which opens silently.

Inside the room, the air is stale; every surface covered by a thick layer of dust. There are assorted weapons spread throughout the room: a club made of wood rests against the wall in the corner, several steel daggers lay on a table, a heavy crossbow and its lighter equivalent are on the table's chairs with a bag of bolts, a metal-tipped quarterstaff is supported by two hooks in the wall, and a shortspear is situated above it. It appears as thought this was once a dining room.

Coating the weapons are a silvery material that seems almost fluid, but adheres to the weapons. It is transparent but has a reflective surface, as glass or water does.

Last edited by on Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ethanthecrazy
The Lord of Epic
Ethanthecrazy

Character sheet
Level :

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 4:12 pm

{do i already have weapons/equipment? if so, what are they? or should i pick them standard?}

That substance is tricky, but anyone of moderate intelligence whould be able to circumvent it . . .
Back to top Go down
debtmaster
Technosquid
debtmaster

Character sheet
Level :

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 5:12 pm

[You've been here. You have your equipment.

But you're not proficient with the Longsword without the Martial Weapons feat. Pick something else or get the feat... or miss a lot...]
Back to top Go down
Ethanthecrazy
The Lord of Epic
Ethanthecrazy

Character sheet
Level :

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyWed Nov 21, 2007 4:14 pm

{ill take the feat, dont ya know, i love being a wiz with a longsword{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
Back to top Go down
debtmaster
Technosquid
debtmaster

Character sheet
Level :

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyWed Nov 21, 2007 4:21 pm

[Well... fill out your character sheet!
Feats, spells from the list I gave you... anything reasonable.. and skills...
Back to top Go down
debtmaster
Technosquid
debtmaster

Character sheet
Level :

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Because I'm just so bored   Plot EmptyFri Nov 23, 2007 10:33 pm

The monster shook the floor horribly. It was a giant, writhing mass of tentacles, easily capable of mauling its keeper if it were not for the powerful spell he was using.

The keeper was provoking the beast with a Gate to another plane, the Elemental Plane of Fire. He moved it so that each tentacle suffered a severe burn when it lashed at him. It promptly grew still and shrank away, its body melding into another form.

In the middle of the room where the beast was stood a man wearing tattered clothing, covered with burns. His body appeared to have endured years of abuse: his skin is dirtied, his joints are swollen, and his entire body is shaking horribly from countless bruises.

"Please. Please, stop and let me go." The keeper only smiled as the Gate closed. He raised a hand, palm facing the man. An intensely bright ray of light shot out of his hand, striking the man with a sound of burning flesh.

As he was being burned again, his scream changed from a piteous yell to an inhuman shriek. His back hunched away from the light, he turned rapidly to face the keeper: his arm was now a large tentacle, improportionately bulbous to his body, rushing through the air as it sped at the keeper.

The keeper stopped his Searing Light and turned to fog as the appendage passed harmlessly through him. A piece of cloth n the wall fell away, revealing a glyph in a foreign script. The man promptly fell unconscious and began to turn into a stagnant mass of tentacles again.

Less than a minute later, Nick had returned to his solid form and was staring at the motionless mass.

"Very good." He walked out of the room.

Last edited by on Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
debtmaster
Technosquid
debtmaster

Character sheet
Level :

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptySat Nov 24, 2007 1:56 pm

Zenair: what do you do?!
Back to top Go down
debtmaster
Technosquid
debtmaster

Character sheet
Level :

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 5:44 pm

Knowing the properties of the silvery substance, Quintessance, Zenair scrubs it off with his hands of his choice weapons. Some of it seems to evaporate, but most of it falls lightly to the table and floor.

Zenair grabs a Light Crossbow and twenty bolts for it, a Quarterstaff, three Daggers, and a Shortspear.
Back to top Go down
debtmaster
Technosquid
debtmaster

Character sheet
Level :

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyThu Nov 29, 2007 5:11 pm

Zenair thank his armorer. "Where should we go now?"

"I did not bring you here for no purpose.

"The local governing body, the Black Hearth, is headed by a corrupt leader, known as Nick. To be frank, I would like for you to kill him.

"But it is not so simple. Nick has acquired the traits of a vampire, and has had them since I met him. He is ruthless, going to any ends for his distorted purposes. He must be stopped. Being the leader, you must join the organization, gain ranks and trust... until you can speak with him.

"I will not help you directly. I cannot. I am too... emotionally involved. But Nick must be stopped. Good luck."

Last edited by on Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ethanthecrazy
The Lord of Epic
Ethanthecrazy

Character sheet
Level :

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyThu Nov 29, 2007 8:22 pm

"So, are we supposed to just walk out the door? Or do you have something to speed our travel?"

I walk over and stand next to {john}, disdaining to take any weapons from the (table?)'s surface.
Back to top Go down
debtmaster
Technosquid
debtmaster

Character sheet
Level :

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyThu Nov 29, 2007 9:08 pm

[You already have your weapon...]

As though completing some complicated ritual, the skeleton's hands flourish and you disappear.
Back to top Go down
Ethanthecrazy
The Lord of Epic
Ethanthecrazy

Character sheet
Level :

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot EmptyThu Nov 29, 2007 9:08 pm

The member debtmaster has done the following action : Roll dice, only in the RPG forum please.

2 times Plot Dice10
Results :
  Plot Dice2   Plot Dice5
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Plot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plot   Plot Empty

Back to top Go down

Plot
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum