Lords of Epic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The discussion forum for the Lords of Epic

HomeRegisterLatest imagesAnd that is when I realized that I secretly liked goth stuff EmptyLog inMediaDownloads

And that is when I realized that I secretly liked goth stuff

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
determinator
Legionnaire of Epic
determinator

Character sheet
Level :
And that is when I realized that I secretly liked goth stuff Left_bar_bleue150/150And that is when I realized that I secretly liked goth stuff Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

And that is when I realized that I secretly liked goth stuff Empty
PostSubject: And that is when I realized that I secretly liked goth stuff   And that is when I realized that I secretly liked goth stuff EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:26 pm

I never really cared much for monsters such as werewolves and vampires. They were never really my "thing". until one day this idea popped into my head. It was an idea for a FPS with a class system containing monsters. I thought about replacing them with Ninjas or Pirates or some other cool things, but the monsters seemed to fit so perfectly with my idea. Werewolves would be your fast-moving melee monsters, vampires would be your mid-to-long range mage monsters, and Frankensteins would be the slow, tough heavy-damage-dealing monster. Then if they got a certain amount of kills without dying they could activate a special ability thing that would make them some cool perk for a few seconds (kinda like an uber charge, but each one would be different). I had all these mechanics for the game planned out and everything, but this did not please me. I wanted to (and still want to) make this game, but I wanted to do something else with these creatures but I didn't know what...

Months had passed since I last thought of the game. I kinda forgotten about it, but it still manage to hang on in the back of my mind. I went on /tg/ where I saw a homebrew tabletop game using army men. It intriguing me...it intriguing me a lot

I got into chat a few days later. There was some talk about Warhammer Fantasy and what our armies would be if we were to get one (I guess you could say they were our FANTASY armies! Get it? Cuz we didn't actually have the armies so they were imaginary, which is what a fantasy is). But this made me realize something. It made me realize what I wanted to do. I wanted to make a Gothic tabletop. It seemed like such a good idea until I tried making game mechanics and concepts. Each one seemed weird, over-powered, or just plain stupid. But I still wanted to do something. The trail seemed cold until I started reading the Lexicanum. And that is when it hit me. I figured out what I wanted to do. I wanted to make Lore for these monsters. "Perhaps to be used in an RP", I thought to myself, but that didn't matter to me. What matter is that I made the lore and it was interesting and fresh. I wanted to do something that gave monsters a good name. I mean, they took a pretty hard hit when twilight came out and I wanted to fix there shattered spirits. And so I begin

In this post, the views of monsters are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: myself, who wants to edit them a bit; and the already existing lore and legends, which will help me with my reboot. These are their stories.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Ethanthecrazy
The Lord of Epic
Ethanthecrazy

Character sheet
Level :
And that is when I realized that I secretly liked goth stuff Left_bar_bleue4/10And that is when I realized that I secretly liked goth stuff Empty_bar_bleue  (4/10)

PostSubject: Re: And that is when I realized that I secretly liked goth stuff   And that is when I realized that I secretly liked goth stuff EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 1:56 am

If you want to learn more about game design, I kind of AM going to college for it . . .
Back to top Go down
http://www.lordsofepic.webs.com
determinator
Legionnaire of Epic
determinator

Character sheet
Level :
And that is when I realized that I secretly liked goth stuff Left_bar_bleue150/150And that is when I realized that I secretly liked goth stuff Empty_bar_bleue  (150/150)

PostSubject: Re: And that is when I realized that I secretly liked goth stuff   And that is when I realized that I secretly liked goth stuff EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 12:50 pm

Yeah, I was going to actually tell you about this on teamspeak but then you had to leave due to something so I couldn't. I would love you to teach me how to do that stuff but both you and I know you have a busy schedule. But if you do ever get spare time I would love to learn more about the making of games

Back to top Go down
determinator
Legionnaire of Epic
determinator

Character sheet
Level :

PostSubject: Re: And that is when I realized that I secretly liked goth stuff   And that is when I realized that I secretly liked goth stuff EmptySat May 12, 2012 2:25 am

World War III ended in a nuclear holocaust. The world is now rebuilding itself from the ruins left behind. But there is a new war raging on. A war that has never been seen by the likes of men. A war between creatures that were only dreamed about. A war between man and monsters.

The Undead:
Victor Frankenstein was a genius that was ahead of his time. He had discovered how to cheat death. His research would have won him much respect among the science community if it wasn't for WWIII

A few days after Victor had finally perfected his work on the Monster, his house was invaded by the Allies. They stole all his research and planned to use it to create an undead army. Victor had feared that someone might come to steal his work so he wrote it in a code that only he and his assistant, Igor, could understand. The Allie forces did not take to kindly to this so they killed him. That is the last of Victor Frankenstein...but the beginning of Frankenstein.

After the bombs had dropped, Igor took Victor down to the lab to bring him back. It was a success. But he was no longer Victor, he was now the monster. He was now Frankenstein. Frankenstein now realized that not only did he cheat death, but he was better, faster, and stronger. He demanded Igor to add modifications to his body so that he could be perfect. Every time Frankenstein found a flaw he would go back to the dissecting table and have it removed by Igor. He was now more machine than man.

Victor had a new goal. He no longer wanted to help mankind. Now he was destined to destroy it.

Fortunately after the bombs had dropped, finding bodies for his experiment was no longer an issue. He began mass producing his necro-cyber warriors until he had an army. Most of the warriors were not as powerful as his original Monster, but what they lacked in strength they made up in numbers. Frankenstein knew he could not control all these units by himself so he made Igor and the original Monster (who eventually became known as The Butcher) generals of the Undead. The Butcher trained the Canon fodder while Igor trained the more powerful zombies. Zombies were able to become more powerful if they proved superior performance on the battlefield. Modifications took time, so they were only used on the good zombies.

Although the war has ended, it has only just begun for the Undead

Last edited by determinator on Sun May 13, 2012 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
determinator
Legionnaire of Epic
determinator

Character sheet
Level :

PostSubject: Re: And that is when I realized that I secretly liked goth stuff   And that is when I realized that I secretly liked goth stuff EmptySun May 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Vampires:
Count Dracula was a five star general for the Axis. He was a cruel general, yet he was still admired and respected among everyone. His harsh treatment toward his men was always counterbalanced by his charismatic and charming ways. Dracula was just a man like everyone else but viewed himself as more.

The war had no sign of ending until the bombs fell. Dracula managed to clear the base of all personal before the bomb hit. He was about to head out but it was to late. The bomb had engulfed him. His men requested a search team be sent out to retrieve his body. It was denied on the accounts of too much radiation in the area.

Dracula woke up. The radiation should have killed him but instead it made him stronger.

He kept low for a while, trying to master his new powers. He was now a vampire. He learned that he gained abilities the more blood he had. He had also learned that the radiation effected his blood steam. The more blood he has, the more radiation he has, which means the more power he has. He first had to get blood from biting the necks of people and sucking it out, eventually he learned to just drain the blood out of them.

Dracula's bite transferred the radiation into there blood stream causing his victims to become vampires as well. These new vampires would be outcast. Dracula would then find them and tell them about his plan.

Dracula viewed the vampires as superior being compared to humans. He would tell his fellow vampires that they should rise against the humans and rule the land. His speeches inspired the vampires. Vampires everywhere began viewing him as not only their leader, but as their god.

And so the Vampires rose to power. Killing and converting people in there path. Adding a new threat to the world

Back to top Go down
MsRobot
Lord of Kawaii
MsRobot

Character sheet
Level :
And that is when I realized that I secretly liked goth stuff Left_bar_bleue7/25And that is when I realized that I secretly liked goth stuff Empty_bar_bleue  (7/25)

PostSubject: Re: And that is when I realized that I secretly liked goth stuff   And that is when I realized that I secretly liked goth stuff EmptySun May 13, 2012 10:16 pm

does dracula fight batman?
Back to top Go down
http://msrobot.tumblr.com/
determinator
Legionnaire of Epic
determinator

Character sheet
Level :

PostSubject: Re: And that is when I realized that I secretly liked goth stuff   And that is when I realized that I secretly liked goth stuff EmptySun May 20, 2012 4:04 am

Werewolves:
The creation of super-humans was a big demand during WWIII. With the technology we had, super soldiers was just a test tube away. But before injecting humans with the serums they concocted, they would often have animal testing. These animals would either show results or show no change and be freed. Little did the scientist know that this was a grave mistake.

Out of all the animals tested, the wolves were the only ones to have no symptoms, but still were contaminated. Wolf bites were becoming more prominent which caused the disease to spread.

The diseased caused the DNA of the wolf and the human to form into one strand. This created a mutation which allowed the victim to be able to morph into a half-wolf half-man creature. This had many different reactions from the people effected by it. Some people wanted to find a cure for their curse, others believed it was a privilege and use it to get what they wanted, while others continue living there lives normally without telling anyone about there secret. Werewolves were not accepted into most Human societies. They tended to be outcast.

They are almost equal in size to the Undead, but unlike the Undead, they are not all unified into one fighting force. They usually tend to live in small packs causing great unity among small groups but not usually with other werewolves. In fact, packs may even fight each other.

Now, the werewolves are no longer hiding. They are letting go of their shackles and showing their true form.
Back to top Go down
Orphnoch
Warrior of Epic
Orphnoch

Character sheet
Level :
And that is when I realized that I secretly liked goth stuff Left_bar_bleue1/1And that is when I realized that I secretly liked goth stuff Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: And that is when I realized that I secretly liked goth stuff   And that is when I realized that I secretly liked goth stuff EmptySun May 20, 2012 10:52 am

I... I want to write a set of rules for the werewolves just from reading that post. Good job.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And that is when I realized that I secretly liked goth stuff   And that is when I realized that I secretly liked goth stuff Empty

Back to top Go down

And that is when I realized that I secretly liked goth stuff
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lords of Epic :: Media :: Literature-
Jump to: