Lords of Epic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The discussion forum for the Lords of Epic

HomeRegisterLatest imagesMy own sucky Book "ALPHA" EmptyLog inMediaDownloads

My own sucky Book "ALPHA"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ClausTheMighty
Nanovamp
ClausTheMighty

Character sheet
Level :
My own sucky Book "ALPHA" Left_bar_bleue10/10My own sucky Book "ALPHA" Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

My own sucky Book "ALPHA" Empty
PostSubject: My own sucky Book "ALPHA"   My own sucky Book "ALPHA" EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 4:54 pm

Alpha
"We have one comming into view sir."
"On screen please."
"Yes sir!"
What came on the screen then would baffle most civilians, a bubble of sorts expanding infinetly.

*Beep**Beep**Beep*
"Ohhhhnnnn, 7 already?...."
Thump Thump Thump.
*On Weekly Tonight a tragic car bombing in Baghdad has killed 12 and injured 15. A new terrorist
group is supected, not connected with the Al-Qaeda, but a new even more determined ruthless group.
"God will it ever end"
"Yuri it is time to go to work. Hurry up or you will be late again."
" Im comming" Replied Yuri
It is hard to be a prominent astrophysist these days. Things are just so hectic now with the new space
shuttle prolems and people want answers. Can every branch of scientists develop something. No but what can
one expect, the world is too wacked up and everyone just wants a cure.
After a short ride to the office Yuri is harrased by his lab director over simple matters.
"Yuri why havn't you turned in you theories yet? We have a big day and we cant have you slacking
off." Conrad was not happy.
"What do you mean comrad?"
"Dont you pull that fake Russian accent on me. You know perfectly well that we have a meeting with
NASA about the problems with the new space shuttles."
'Man you try to pull a joke and what do you get a slap in the face. Well what can you do when your
parents land you with a name that was the first in space.' Yuri thought with remose for his comment.
Through the doors and into the confrence room Yuri and Conrad walked to face NASA.
"We want to know why your equations and simulations have not solved our problem of 5 astronauts
stuck on the I.S.S. with no way to get down because we scrapped the old shuttles for materials for the new ones.
" Yelled the NASA director.
" We cannot explain these happenings because there is no way for this to happen. According to
the data the cracks appeared in space while in no known debre fields with no way of it happening. We
are stumped."
Yuri tried to pay attention through the meeting but he had a nagging thought in the back of his mind.
Something said on the news or something he read in the paper. Something.

"Sir this universe is highly unstable. 4 dimensions. 3 space and 1 of time."
"That won't be a problem just set the modulators to compensate."
"Sir you don't understand this universe is on the verge of collapse we might not get a bridge in place."
"How old is this universe?"
"Off the readable algorithms."
Back to top Go down
ClausTheMighty
Nanovamp
ClausTheMighty

Character sheet
Level :
My own sucky Book "ALPHA" Left_bar_bleue10/10My own sucky Book "ALPHA" Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: My own sucky Book "ALPHA"   My own sucky Book "ALPHA" EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 4:54 pm

*Turmoil today as the I.S.S. has been destroyed. NASA scienists have concluded that microfractures
all over the station caused the failure in the life support systems and propulsion. Unfortunatly all five of the crew
lost their lives in this horrific event.*

"Yuri Farsh get up. Conrad has called and you are to be at the office today. Something about NASA
chewing them up in a confrence today that you are suppost to be in." Yuri wife shook him out of bed and
booted him out the door.
'That woman is just soo... well I married her so I can't really complain too much.' thought Yuri as he crossed
the street.
"The end is near. We only have a few days to live. The wall of blackness will engulf the earth and our
judgement day will be neigh. Quickly repent for we will not have another chance to ever." screamed the man
from the corner. He had been on the same street corner for 5 years yelling this garbage at the world.
Yuri was feeling slightly annoyed after this mornings 'disturbance' so he decided he would have a little
fun.
"Hey man. Why do you have to be soo disruptive to every day life?" inquired Yuri
"I am trying to warn the world of the impending disaster, no the universe of impending disaster." replied the
bum
"What disaster? I don't see brimstone falling from the sky or is it a plague that will distroy us all?"
In a hushed tone."Listen Yuri I have been watching you for a while now and I must say this before
it happens."
"What happens? And how do you know my name?"
"You have three days till the force that destroyed the I.S.S. reaches Earth and then it will be too late."
"What force?"
"Three days my friend, three days..." He continued to mumble to himself.

Yuri tried to shake off his experience and he hailed a taxi. Once inside the lab Yuri was bombarded by
Conrad who wanted to know why he wasn't here earlier.
"I had a confrotation with that bum down the street he said something about the world ending in three
days, it was very nerve racking."
"I'm sure it was but for now you must talk with NASA about the event." said Conrad
"What? You put me on the floor today? Why? You know I am a terrible speaker and a lousy theorist."
complained Yuri.
"Don't kid yourself your great now get in there and do your stuff."
Conrad shoved a very nervious Yuri into the lion's den to deal with the problem.
The NASA director started off "Finally we have someone to talk to. Now Mr
Back to top Go down
ClausTheMighty
Nanovamp
ClausTheMighty

Character sheet
Level :

PostSubject: Re: My own sucky Book "ALPHA"   My own sucky Book "ALPHA" EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 4:55 pm

"Yuri sir."
"Ahh Yuri now how do you propose we start this off you telling me WHY we lost five men today or do you
want me to try to find out on my own with your algorithms hmm?"
"Well sir I feel that we can explain why this happened by.."
"You know what I don't care right now our best scientists are saying that within three days that something
big will happen and I don't want to hear your theories about how the universe just hates us. Now scurry along."
"Three days did you say?"
"Yes three days why? No you know what I don't even want to know just get out of my sight."
"Yes sir."
Outside the office Conrad was waiting. "Hey man that was quick. How did it go?"
"Terrible. Do you know how mad they are?"
"Pretty mad?"
"Not just that mad, we might loose our jobs."
"Oh, well in that case lets just take the day off."
"Fine lets just go."
Yuri and Conrad spent the rest of the day trying to relax but both of them were uneasy of the current events.
Yuri's mind continued to wander back to his conversation with the homeless man on the corner. How did he really
know his name? Where was he from? Yuri finnaly made up his mind to just talk to the man to get it straight.
"Conrad I am going to speak with someone." said Yuri.
"Who?"
"Just someone who bugged me this morning."
"Don't let your wife know Yuri."
"Not like that 'Comrad'."
"I'm just joking with you."
Yuri found his way back to the street corner where he had harrased the man earlier. There he was babbling
like always about the end of the world.
"The end is near. You only have three days. Prepare your selves."
Yuri called towards him "Hey bum."
"Oh I hope you arn't here to discredit my speaches again."
"No I have just come to clarify a few things."
"Good then come into the ally away from all of these commons."
The strange man led Yuri back to an elaborate make shift house.
"Wow this is huge." said Yuri
"Well when you are stuck in this universe with no currency you have to make due."
"What do you mean stuck in this universe?"
"Sit down Yuri tis a long and overwhalming tale."

"First off my name real name is not important because it is comprised of 27 sylables but you can call me
Dave"
"You know about the possibility of a Multiverse right?"
"Yes it is held commenly with most scientists."
"Well it is real and I came from a fairly new universe on the outer clusters. That is where new universes are
linked to our multiverse system. People on the insidetheorize that the multiverse started when a single universe came
into existince. Once that universe reached an optimal age, about 4 billion years, it began to produce other universes
outside it's self like a orange with its pores covered in ballons. These ballons are black holes emptying their
load into a new universe. The universe reaches critical mass, splices off, and floats off into the null zone.
once it supports relativly intelegent life it reappears near our universes, imprints on them and basically
you have a clone universe. These universes have small diffences like dimensions or world structure but the
people all remain the same."
Back to top Go down
ClausTheMighty
Nanovamp
ClausTheMighty

Character sheet
Level :

PostSubject: Re: My own sucky Book "ALPHA"   My own sucky Book "ALPHA" EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 4:55 pm

"What does all this have to do with me."
"I was getting to that. I am, or was a part of an exploration team that searches out for new universes when
we found your universe nearing the supercluster. When we tried to estimate the age of your universe our algorithms,
that tell us the age based on dimensions and current expansion, couldn't tell us how old it was. Your universe couldn't
be connected to the supercluster because it is on the verge of collapse. Our captain didn't care he just wanted to
get a look this old universe."
"Why did he want to see."
"Because he believed that it was the original universe and in the superclusters that would be a great
acheivement to find it. Who ever found it would be a legend. He wasn't careful and his calculations were off by 1 point
and we appeared 20 feet under ground on this world. All of them were killed and I barely survived. From then on
I have lived as a bum on this street."
"Wow that was lenghty. So your telling me that you had the oppertunity to leave all this time but you didn't
take it?"
"I can't leave for one good reason. I need a second person to work the controls while i adjust the drive."
"So, you are using me to get off this universe and then you plan to show me off as a trophy to your supercluster?"
"I never said that."
"Yes you did. 'Whoever found it would be a legend.' You need proof don't you and you need someone smart."
"If I go back empty handed I could be accused of killing my crew."
"Well I can't help you now. I have my own problems and I really don't need this right now. Good bye."
Yuri left the man to his deluded fantasies as he left the ally. For the next two days things were normal.
only a few satalites were blown down but they were minor. Yuri was for the most part happy but the man's offer
lingered in the back of his mind. If he is right and the world was about to end then Yuri had an unique oppertunity
to leave his old life behind and be a figure head for a great connected empire. Before Yuri could dwell on this matter
for long the phone rang.
"Hello." answered Yuri
"Yuri quick you need to come down to the office we are loosing our jobs." answered Conrad.
Yuri in a daze did not know what to say.
"Yuri did you hear me we are loosing our jobs. Can't you say anything?" yelled Conrad.
Yuri thought it over for a minute before deciding to act.
"Meet me at the corner across my apartment I think I have a solution to our problem." said Yuri.
"What do you mean? Ohh well whatever you are the boss." replied Conrad as he hung up.
Yuri went up to his wife to give her the news.
"Hey honey guess what?"
"What Yuri?"
"Im fired. But before you get too mad i have a solution. We can leave and be stars in another dimension."
"What are you talking about?"
"I have met a man that can take us to other relms or universes and we can be stars.I know that you have always
wanted to be famous and now is your chance. So what do you say?" asked Yuri " Will you come with me."
Back to top Go down
ClausTheMighty
Nanovamp
ClausTheMighty

Character sheet
Level :

" I just dont know Yuri. One your escape plan is a homeless man who you dont know and two you have been
acting very strange lately I think you have come down with an illness. We need to take you to a doctor." His wife concluded while gathering
her coat.
Yuri stood there in disbeleif as his own wife had rejected his claims. Yuri had a choice to make to run off and
save himself or to stay here with his wife and be subjected to a medical examination. Time was short and he had to
make a decision. For the next half hour Yuri desperatly tried to get his wife to come along with him but it was hopeless.
"You know what fine don't come but don't come crying to me when you are destroyed like the space station."
Yuri snapped.
Yuri stormed out of the apartment and across the street to meet conrad. Up in the sky there were strange lights.
In reality they were the atoms of the atmosphere and ozone layer being broken down into nothingness. Conrad arrived
some time later with his usual down cast attitude.
"Yuri so where is this ship i have heard about?" asked Conrad.
"Down this allyway and underground 20 feet." said Yuri.
The two friends walked down the allyway knowing that if this worked that they would be the top of fame with
brand new lives in a brand new place. No longer the workhorses of NASA only to be dumped when they deemed they
were of no more use. Out of the shadows comes the homeless man with his uniform on.
"Hello and welcome to the way out of the end of the world. As you can see above us the atmosphere is degenerating
and we dont have much time so on to the ship." Said Dave as he uncovered a hole that led to the ship. "I've made
all the necesary preparations so climb aboard."
"Just so were clear this is final and once were in the multiplex we will be taken care of" inquired Conrad
"Absolutly, every thing you will ever need will be there." replied Dave.
"Well lets go then."
"One more thing," Dave started "once we board there is no going back do you have every thing of value to you
with you?"
"Yes." both Yuri and Conrad replied simultaniously.
"Well suit up and board up, we've got front row seats to the end of the world."

The two friends were expecting a large high tech space craft like in the popular shows but nothing prepared them for this.
The inside was rather plain with several stations accompained by seats. The walls did not have flashing lights but relativly low
tech displays and regular alloy plating. Some of the plates in the ship seemed as is taken from the side of a building.
"This is your ship? Looks more like a soup can." commented Yuri.
"I agree." said Conrad.
"It's not just about looks." said Dave"The design has to be simple or else the hyper computer cannot keep the ship
together in hyper space. Also this was a low budget mission, we were only the scouts and well.. other companies give
more insurance for the craft. Lets just say this is better than a probe."
"Whats a probe?" asked Conrad.
"Your equivilant of a cubic meter of space to move around covered in specific alloys droped into your universe with
little chance of return." answered Dave "Any more questions?"
"No."
"Good'
Yuri and Conrad strapped into their seats while Dave did a systems check.
Back to top Go down
ClausTheMighty
Nanovamp
ClausTheMighty

Character sheet
Level :

PostSubject: Re: My own sucky Book "ALPHA"   My own sucky Book "ALPHA" EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 4:56 pm

"A few rules fow hyperspace now, listen up. One, keep these helmets on at all times. They keep your thoughts inside
your head and out of hyperspace. Two, do as I tell you. Any deviation from the plan could get us killed. Three, if you feel as
though your mind is slipping out of your head hit the red flashing button and a very expensive temporary sheild will keep
you inside the ship. Four, dont be alarmed at my apperence in hyperspace. With the extra dimensions my true image will
come out. Got it all?"
"Yeah I think i got it all." replied Yuri
"Can I have it all again please?" asked Conrad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My own sucky Book "ALPHA"   My own sucky Book "ALPHA" Empty

Back to top Go down

My own sucky Book "ALPHA"
Page 1 of 1