Lords of Epic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The discussion forum for the Lords of Epic

HomeRegisterLatest imagesScavenger hunt EmptyLog inMediaDownloads

Scavenger hunt

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
debtmaster
Technosquid
debtmaster

Character sheet
Level :
Scavenger hunt Left_bar_bleue2/10Scavenger hunt Empty_bar_bleue  (2/10)

Scavenger hunt Empty
PostSubject: Scavenger hunt   Scavenger hunt EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 6:49 pm

Because who needs to be normal?

The video is in the form https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X, where "X" is what is unknown. X is divided into
parcels as detailed below.

Quote :
PARCEL 1
One letter. The letter is very important to mathematics. It is lowercase and the limit of (1+1/n)^n. It is also the base of the ln function on scientific calculators.

PARCEL 2
Parcel two is made of two letters.
A very popular Dungeons and Dragons campaign setting is the Forgotten Realms. A popular computer game made from this setting shares its initials with this Parcel. The letters are different and all words in the computer game's name are represented in the initials.

PARCEL 3
This is also two uppercase letters. It is the abbreviation for the approximation of intelligence relative to one's age.

PARCEL 4
Parcel four is one number. It is the first non-trivial (ie "not 1") happy number. A happy number is a number for which the iterated operation of summing the squares of the number's digits eventually yields the value "1."

PARCEL 5
One letter, uppercase. In mathematics, this number often has a line drawn through it to avoid confusion with the numeral "2."

PARCEL 6
This parcel is two letters, both lowercase. This is an old way of expressing the letter "W."

PARCEL 7
The square root of negative one.

PARCEL 8
The last parcel is one letter, uppercase, and will take a bit longer than the others to figure out.

The second largest city in Germany was bombed in World War II.

10 years before this to the day, an African writer was born. He wrote a book named after a line in a poem.

The book takes place in Africa. The name of the village in which the main character lives shares its first letter with this parcel.

There it is.
Back to top Go down
ultimate_cloud
Ninja
ultimate_cloud

Character sheet
Level :
Scavenger hunt Left_bar_bleue3/10Scavenger hunt Empty_bar_bleue  (3/10)

Scavenger hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scavenger hunt   Scavenger hunt EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 10:10 pm

I believe that the first one is "e", and I think three is "IQ", however 2 evades me. Four should be "7". Five and six I have no clue at this point, Seven however I keep coming up with if I'm not mistaken "i" ,and eight is impossible. Um lets see, problems I've found. For number two, there are way too many games based in the forgotten realms, and the extra info there is a bit confusing to me. Um, I think 5 might be another "7" but I'm not sure there. Six is a bit confusing. I don't know what it means by old way. Number eight is the bombing of dresden, but it was bombed twice, February 13th, and 15th. Even assuming it's either one I can't find the book, or anything remotly related to it.
It's a start at least.
Back to top Go down
debtmaster
Technosquid
debtmaster

Character sheet
Level :
Scavenger hunt Left_bar_bleue2/10Scavenger hunt Empty_bar_bleue  (2/10)

Scavenger hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scavenger hunt   Scavenger hunt EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 10:48 pm

Just to clarify:

Yeah, I saw there were a lot of things for number two. Basically, all words are represented (so the total name has only two words) and they are not alliterated (ie railroad is abbreviated RR, and would not be possible due to the repeated R). Just look for popular games, *really* popular ones, and check it out.

Number 5 is a letter, so "7" can't be right.

Also, I have no idea how you got Dresden to be the second largest German city; I see it as the fifteenth. You might want to check again.

You can't continue to do this, or I'm just gonna give it away >.>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scavenger hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scavenger hunt   Scavenger hunt Empty

Back to top Go down

Scavenger hunt
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lords of Epic :: Media :: Video-
Jump to: